NASJA’s Annual Meeting is being held at Squaw Valley, April 11-15, in conjunction with Snowsport History Celebration by the Ski and Snowboard Hall of Fame. Squaw Valley has great spring skiing in April and stayed open last year until July 15. Learn what’s new for next year, improve your communications skills, and network with your media and communications colleagues for a fun time in beautiful North Lake Tahoe. Registration is now open — details and link below.
- April 9-10: Informal pretrip to Heavenly Valley. Details TBD
- Wednesday, April 11, 6-8 p.m. – Welcome reception with corporate trade show
- Thursday, April 12 – Squaw Valley hosts NASJA with guided skiing, lunch and product demos
- Thursday, 6 p.m. – NASJA dinner, awards ceremony, Jeff Blumenfeld’s ISHA presentation on “Bygone Gizmos and Crazy Ski Products,” and history chat. Location/other details TBD
- Thursday, 8-10 p.m. – Bogner Freestyle Reunion Party: films, stories, cocktails. Location: SVR/Rocker
- Friday, April 13 – Alpine Meadows hosts NASJA with guided skiing, lunch and demos
- Friday, 4:30 p.m. – Apres-ski at Squaw’s High Camp Pool & Hot Tub Friday, April 13, 7 p.m.: Gather for dinner. TBD
- Friday 5 p.m. – NASJA Annual Meeting, meeting room TBD
- Saturday April 14, 7:30-9 – Breakfast & industry speaker presentation, details TBD
- Saturday – Ski day at Squaw Valley or Alpine Meadows
- Sunday, April 15 – Ski day at Squaw or Alpine Meadows
Hall of Fame Events highlights:
- Thursday, April 12, 8 p.m. – Bogner Freestyle Reunion Party
- Friday, April 13, 6-8:30 p.m. – snowX dinner
- Friday, 9 p.m. – Legends Alumni Party
- Saturday, April 14, 5-11 p.m. – Hall of Fame Induction
- Sunday, April 15, 9-11 a.m. – Dawn Patrol: First Tracks with Hall of Famers
More information for NASJA members:
Lodging is available at The Village at Squaw Valley for $189 (tax and resort fees not included) for a 600-square-foot one-bedroom condo that accommodates four or at The Resort at Squaw Creek for $179 (tax and resort fees not included) per room.
NASJA is holding its annual meeting in conjunction with the Snowsport History Celebration and the U.S. Ski and Snowboard Hall of Fame Induction. By attending at least one event, the Hall of Fame is offering us the discounted room rate. NASJA has decided that our members will attend the Bogner Freestyle Reunion featuring films, stories and cocktails for $25.
Transportation is on your own. Reno is approximately 1 hour from Olympic Valley, where Squaw Valley is located. Although there are many airline options, Jet Blue flies nonstop from JFK to Reno and Southwest flies from Albany and New York City airports to Reno. Transportation to and from Reno Airport is available from various companies including North Lake Tahoe Express (northlaketahoeexpress.com) – costs approximately $49 per person or less if multiple people in group; Elevated Transportation (elevatedtransportation.com) starts at $145 for private SUV vehicles for three passengers and up. Rental cars are another option. Attendee list will be made available so that you can make arrangements to car pool.
Register for the NASJA Annual Meeting and the Bogner Freestyle Event: