By Roger Lohr, originally published in XCSkiResorts.com
Smugglers’ Notch Resort in Jeffersonville, VT opened a 26,000 square-foot one-of-a-kind Family Fun Complex facility that appeals to all ages. This brand new 4.4 million dollar facility is known as FunZone 2.0
Bill Stritzler, Smugglers’ Notch Managing Director stated “I am very proud of the commitment to Family Fun represented by this project. This next dimension in family fun was fully conceived and led by Smugglers’ staff, and then designed and built by Vermont companies and financed by Smugglers’ and Vermont lenders.”
As the leaders in the family vacation experience, Smugglers’ has taken feedback from many years of guest interactions to build the ideal all-in-one Family Fun Complex. Featuring multiple levels of fun activities at the FunZone 2.0, which is broken up into two main zones with a general focus on age, including:
The Go Zone includes:
● 30-foot, see through climbing tower with multiple pitches for all ability levels
● 3-dimensional Mountain Rally Races slot car track modeled after Smugglers’ three mountains and cozy resort village
● 30-foot “leap of faith” thrill activity with automatic rappel system
● Two cutting-edge Ninja Warrior-inspired courses with physical challenges allowing participants to race the clock for the best time
● 3,500-square foot, one-of-a-kind mountain-themed laser tag facility
● Lazer Maze challenge with multiple levels of complexity
● 2,000-square foot arcade with video games and redemption center.
The Ozone includes:
● Inflatable obstacle courses
● 20 foot giant inflatable slide
● Sky walk viewing area with views of climbing tower, Leap of Faith, and Smuggs Warrior course
● Littles’ Loft toddler area with Vermont-inspired Country Store make-believe area, large foam blocks for building, kid-sized inflatable obstacle course, and lounge area for parents Social Connection that includes:
● ReFuel Café featuring food and beverage with seating area, also serving beer and wine
● Two private party rooms with rental packages available.
Parents will have to make sure to use the Fun Zone as a reward after a great day of skiing, otherwise the kids just might want to spend their whole vacation there!